Center for International Affairs: Call for Essays 'The Understanding Korea' Contest 2022
1. Essay Themes
International Images of Korea
- Images of Korea in international instruction materials (International textbooks, Internet sites, etc.)
- Proposals on how to improve the image of Korea
Improvements using Understanding Korea Materials
- Improvements using Understanding Korea materials and suggestions for developing new materials
※ Understanding Korea materials published by AKS can be requested for the purpose of this contest. Available at the site below.
(Website: https://www.aks.ac.kr/ikorea/english/ → Understanding Korea materials)
2. Eligibility: Foreigners, Koreans living abroad
3. Submission: Through the official website of the Academy of Korean Studies
- Language: Korean or English
- Essay Length: About 3 pages in A4 format
※ Download the application form from information bulletins on the Academy of Korean Studies website or the Center for International Affairs website and submit it. (Only the official form will be accepted.)
- Website: https://www.aks.ac.kr/ikorea/english/
Grand Prize | 2 | Awarded by the Ministers (MOFA & MOE) Prize worth 1,000,000 won
Excellence Prize | 4 | Awarded by AKS President Prize worth 400,000 won
Participation Prize | 6 | Awarded by the Center Director Prize worth 200,000 won
※ Taxes related to the acceptance of and use of the prize are the winner's responsibility.
5. Application Period: June 1 - July 31, 2022, 18:00
※ Applications that arrived after the deadline (Korea Standard Time) will not be received.
6. Announcement of winners: September 20, 2022
※ The result of the contest will be posted on the Center's website,
(https://www.aks.ac.kr/ikorea/english/) and all winners will be notified individually.
The Center for International Affairs of the Academy of Korean Studies
※ All inquiries about the contest must be made by email.