1. Contestants: Kindergarten ~ 12th Grade
2. Submission Deadline: October 13(Wed.), 2021; Must be postmarked by Oct 13.
3. Submission Location: Korean Education Center in Los Angeles
(680 Wilshire Place, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90005)
You may submit via post mail
4. Awardee Announcement: November 4, 2021 (www.kecla.org)
5. Award Ceremony: January 8th, 2022
Korean Education Center in Los Angeles
680 Wilshire Place, Los Angeles, CA 90005
In case the ceremony is not possible due to COVID19,
we will mail the award certificate to your address.
1st Art Exhibition: Nov. 29, 2021 – Dec. 10, 2021
Korean Education Center in Los Angeles 1st Fl Lobby
680 Wilshire Pl. Los Angeles, CA 90005
2nd Art Exhibition: Dec. 15, 2021 – Dec. 19, 2021
Cerritos Library (18025 Bloomfield Ave., Cerritos, CA 90703)
In case Cerritos Library cannot hold the exhibition due to COVID 19,
we will have the exhibition only at KECLA.
Online Exhibition: Dec. 01, 2021, on www.kecla.org
Grand Prize: Trophy and Artwork included in 2022 Calendar & $500 Scholarship
1st Place (Per Grade): Plaque & $100 Scholarship & Artwork included in 2022 Calendar
2nd Place (Per Grade):$50 Scholarship & Artwork included in 2022 Calendar
Honorable Mention (Per Grade): Certificate & Artwork included in 2021 Calendar
National Unification Advisory Council, Los Angeles Chapter: $100 Scholarship x 3 awardees
Korean War POW Affairs: $100 Scholarship x 5 awardees
Korean American Foundation of USA: $100 Scholarship x 5 awardees
Hongik Minhwa Design Institute: $100 Scholarship x 2 awardees
8. Art Theme:
K~5th Grade: Korea inside America
6th~12th: The History and Culture of Korean Americans
9. Guidelines for Art: 1) 11” x 14” or 14” x 17” paper or canvas (No Newsprint)
2) 2D (two-dimensional) artwork
3) Any materials (pencils, crayons, paints, etc.)
4) Please submit only one artwork per person
Please make sure to tape the APPLICATION and the STATEMENT
on the back of the submitting artwork.
10. Attachment: Application Form
11. Questions: www.kecla.org / email@example.com
Excluding the winners, please pick up your artwork 1 month after the date of the award announcement.
KECLA will not be responsible for any artwork not picked up after 1 month.
Awarded artworks may be utilized for other exhibitions and events related to the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the 4.29 LA riots.